Science and Mathematics Education Programs
Interdisciplinary programs draw from two or more academic disciplines that work together to create a powerful learning experience emphasizing integrative learning, integrative thinking, critical questioning, and creative problem-solving.
The benefits of exploring an interdisciplinary program in science education include:
- Learning concepts in science or mathematics necessary to become effective secondary education teachers in grades 5-12.
- Developing pedagogical skills based on evidence-based best practices for STEM education.
- Developing core teaching practices required for ensuring effective and equitable learning opportunities for students in grades 5-12.
Science and mathematics education programs
- Biology Minor, Grades 7-12
- Chemistry Minor, Grades 7-12
- Earth Science Minor, Grades 7-12
- Integrated Science Major, Grades 5-12
- Mathematics Major, Grades 5-12
- Mathematics Minor, Grades 5-9
- Mathematics Minor, Grades 7-12
- Physics Minor, Grades 7-12
- Social Studies Major, Grades 5-12
- Secondary Social Studies Minor, Grades 5-9
- Secondary Social Studies Minor, Grades 7-12