Central Sustainability is a platform dedicated to making the CMU community more sustainable through projects, policy, and programming. We focus on education, collaboration, and institutional growth to better our campus.
Since its launch in May 2020, Central Sustainability has been successful in carrying out a number of sustainability projects and initiatives.
Notable accomplishments include:
- The passage of a university Sustainable Purchasing Policy.
- The on-campus Ethnobotanical Garden.
- Establishment of a university sustainability website.
- Submission of the STARS reports, which earned a prestigious “Gold” rating.
- Stakeholder engagement efforts.