Chemistry and Biochemistry
For over 50 years, the hallmark of our accredited undergraduate program has been a faculty-mentored capstone research program, the only one of its kind among Michigan’s 15 public universities.
Work with chemistry and biochemistry faculty on high impact research where you'll: Design new therapeutic drugs and molecular medicine delivery agents.
- Improve the performance of lithium ion batteries.
- Apply sensors and spectroscopy to study the environment.
- Create innovative chemical tools to fight diseases including tuberculosis.
- Prepare novel nanomaterials for energy conversion.
- Enhance the efficiency of waste water treatment to remove toxic metals.
I want to explore...
CMU opened many professional doors for me. Since graduation, I've pursued educational and occupational opportunities I once believed were inaccessible.
College of Science and Engineering NewsView more CSE news
Anthony Chappaz secures beamtime for six proposals at four synchrotron facilities in the United States and Europe.