CMU opened many professional doors for me. Since graduation, I've pursued educational and occupational opportunities I once believed were inaccessible.
General Chemistry Concentration
General chemistry concentration offers maximum flexibility that allows students to decide their academic and career interest upon graduation.
Chemistry: Chemical Technology Concentration
Chemical technology concentration focuses on developing students' technological skills to work in the chemical, pharmaceutical, biotechnological, and related industries.
Chemistry: Environmental Concentration
Environmental concentration focuses on the study of the impact of chemical science on the environment.
Chemistry: Materials Concentration
The materials concentration focuses on the development, characterization, and applications of chemical materials, including but not limited to polymers, carbohydrates, dendrimers, and nanomaterials.
Biochemistry is geared toward students who are interested in studying the chemistry of life. Biochemistry program prepares you for entering medicine, pharmacy, and allied health professions, biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, as well as graduate programs in biochemistry and biomedical sciences.
Work with chemistry and biochemistry faculty on high impact research where you'll:
- Design new therapeutic drugs and molecular medicine delivery agents.
- Improve the performance of lithium ion batteries.
- Apply sensors and spectroscopy to study the environment.
- Create innovative chemical tools to fight diseases including tuberculosis.
- Prepare novel nanomaterials for energy conversion.
- Enhance the efficiency of waste water treatment to remove toxic metals.