Computer Science Program Objectives
Learn more about how our Computer Science program meets the rigorous standards required by todays employers.
Computer science program educational objectives
Graduates of the computer science program are expected to engage in the following activities within the first five years after graduation:
- Graduates will contribute to their chosen profession, developing a reputation for solving complex problems.
- Graduates will engage in lifelong learning activities in computer science or related fields.
- Graduates will conduct themselves in a professional, responsible and ethical manner in their chosen profession.
- Graduates will demonstrate a commitment to teamwork, communicating effectively with others from diverse backgrounds.
Computer science student enrollment and graduation data
|Students in program||150||165||202||209||210||218||186||149|
By the time of graduation, students in the computer science program will have:
- An ability to analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the discipline.
- An ability to communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- An ability to recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a team engaged in activities appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.