Pre-Medicine and Pre-Health Professions Advising Center
Your Pre-Medicine and Pre-Health Professions Advising Center is a specialized office whose advisors are here to assist you in exploring health career options, building effective skills, and preparing for admission into graduate health schools.
Regardless of your major, you'll be assigned a pre-health academic advisor to support your academic and pre-professional pathway during your time at CMU.
Graduate health schools seek applicants with diverse interests and backgrounds, so we encourage you to think about what you are most passionate about and what you want to learn and do while in college. The Pre-Medicine and Pre-Health Professions Advising Center will assist you in connecting with faculty in your major as well as faculty in the areas of your chosen health pathway.
In conjunction with other CMU student services, we provide services designed to:
- help you explore your interests and future career in health.
- teach you the importance of developing a well-rounded application.
- identify opportunities to gain experience in research, volunteering, and clinical.
- develop skills in writing personal statements and interviewing for admission to graduate health schools.
Want to learn more?
- Please email email@example.com to connect with the CMU Pre-Medicine and Pre-Health Professions Advising Center.
Already a CMU student?
- Connect with your pre-health academic advisor. Make an appointment by visiting https://cmich.edu/MyAdvisor to get their booking link or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure you are receiving the pre-health listserv. Check your cmich email account.
- Attend workshops to help guide you along your path, workshops are provided throughout the academic year.