Mechanical Engineering ABET Accreditation
Our Mechanical Engineering Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
The requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering include 30-39 hours of general education requirements, 34-38 hours of Mathematics and Science, and 9 hours of Business, for a minimum total of 130-134 hours for the degree.
Program Educational Objectives
The engineering programs have established the following expectations for the accomplishments of our graduates in the first several years following graduation:
- Our graduates will apply their engineering knowledge and problem solving skills in related professional fields.
- Our graduates will function as team members who think critically, communicate effectively, and demonstrate initiative and self-motivation.
- Our graduates will be actively involved in their profession and engaged in lifelong learning activities in mechanical engineering or related fields.
- Our graduates will exhibit high levels of professionalism and professional ethics.
Upon graduation, B.S.M.E. students are expected to have an ability to:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Mechanical engineering student enrollment and graduation data