Mechanical Engineering Technology ABET Accreditation
Our Mechanical Engineering Technology Program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Program Educational Objectives
The main goal of the Mechanical Engineering Technology program at CMU is to provide a competitive curriculum and learning environment that prepare graduates who will be able to:
- Attain employment and practice successfully in a mechanical engineering technology related profession
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams providing technical knowledge and effective communication as engineering technologists
- Remain technically current through continuous learning and self-improvement
- Understand and exhibit professional, ethical and social responsibility as they pursue their career
Upon graduation from Mechanical Engineering Technology program, the students will have:
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes.
- An ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams .
MET student enrollment and graduation data
|Years to graduation||4.5||5.0||4.8||4.7||4.8||4.7||4.8||4.9||TBD|