Product Design Engineering Technology
The Program Educational Objectives of the Product Design Engineering Technology (PDET) program at CMU describe the expected accomplishments of the SET-PDET graduates during their first few years after graduation.
Program Educational Objectives
The main goal of the PDET program at CMU is to provide a competitive curriculum and learning environmental that prepare graduates who will be able to:
- PEO 1: Attain employment and practice successfully in a product design engineering technology related profession.
- PEO 2: Work in multi-disciplinary teams providing technical knowledge and effective communication as engineering technologists.
- PEO 3: Remain technically current through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- PEO 4: Understand and exhibit professional, ethical and social responsibility as they pursue their careers.
Upon graduation from the Product Design Engineering Technology program, the students will have:
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes.
- An ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.
Product design engineering technology student enrollment and graduation data
|Years to graduation||4.5||4.4||4.2||3.8||4.4||TBD|