The application for admission to our graduate program and the application for financial support are two separate processes.
- Application deadline for applying for admission only is six weeks before the semester beings (approximately July 1st for Fall and October 1 for Spring)
- Application deadline for applying for admission WITH financial support is February 15th for first run consideration. Applications completed after the February 15th deadline will be considered on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
- The Department of Statistics, Actuarial and Data Sciences offers several types of assistantships. View our STAD Graduate Assistantship page here.
- CMU offers a variety of financial assistance programs for graduate students. Learn more at the Office of Graduate Studies.
Statistics and Analytics, Ph.D.
- The Ph.D. in Statistics and Analytics offers a broad and in-depth curriculum that allows students to take courses in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science and Computer Science to prepare for their academic research as well as industrial career.
Applied Statistics & Analytics, M.S.
- The Master of Science in Applied Statistics & Analytics is an M.S. program in data science. It aims at preparing students with a broad and in-depth background for positions as data scientists and applied statisticians.
Data Mining, Graduate Certificate
- The Graduate Certificate in Data Mining is a one-year program aiming at preparing students with diverse backgrounds and plan to gain additional analytics skills for jobs in their respective disciplines.
Actuarial Science, Graduate Certificate
- The Graduate Certificate in Actuarial Science is a one-year program aiming at preparing students to be able to pass at least P and FM Actuarial Exams.