Spring 2021 Move-In
In a press conference last week, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and the
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services asked colleges and
universities to postpone their return to campus and in-person learning
plans until around Jan. 16, 2020.
Based on this updated order, here are some important dates to note:
- CMU residence halls will reopen at 9 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 15.
- Students will need a move-in appointment to arrive between 9 a.m. on Jan. 15 and 6 p.m. on Jan. 17.
- Look for an email on Jan. 5 with instructions on how to sign up for a move-in appointment.
East community residence halls will continue to be open for students
who registered to be on campus during the break. In addition, Northwest,
Kewadin, and Graduate Housing remain open for residents.
Students may return to the residence halls on Saturday, Jan. 9 if they meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Athletes required to be on campus by their coach.
- Students experiencing food or housing insecurity.
- Students needing access to stable internet or other academic support/resources.
- Students required to be on campus for academic reasons such as labs, clinicals, etc.
- International students and out-of-state students with airline tickets that cannot be changed.
- CMU student employees who are asked and willing to work.
not returning for spring 2021 who need to check out of their living
unit will need to schedule an appointment with their Residence Hall
Director/Residence Director beginning Jan. 9.
More information will be available in the email on Jan. 5.
Spring 2021 Move-Out
Students are expected to properly checkout of
their living unit within 24 hours of their last final exam. The halls and apartments close at 6
p.m. on Saturday, May 8, 2021.