Skip to main content

Returning from Extended Absence

If you are a CMU student who has graduated or been away from the university for three or more years, you must submit a new application for admission in order to enroll in coursework.

Apply for Free

Returning to complete a second undergraduate degree

  • You must apply for admission
  • If you are planning to return to CMU in order to earn a second undergraduate degree, we encourage you to meet with an academic advisor in Academic Advising and Assistance to understand your eligibility and the coursework that would be required.
  • We also encourage you to meet with a financial aid advisor to learn if sufficient aid is available for you to complete a second undergraduate degree. 

Explore undergraduate programs

Returning to add a major or minor

  • If you are returning to CMU to add an additional major(s) or minor(s) you must sign the new major or minor and bring a copy to the Registrar's Office, located in Warriner 212. You also must fill out the form Application to Add a Non-Teaching Major or Minor.

Returning to complete a graduate degree

  • If you want to earn a graduate degree, you must apply for admission through our Office of Graduate Studies.

Explore graduate programs

Additional information

Have you taken any courses at other colleges or universities? If so, we will need official transcripts from all institutions attended since your last CMU enrollment. You can mail those directly to us at:

Central Michigan University
ATTN: Transcript Department
802 Industrial Drive
Mount Pleasant MI 48858

Electronic transcripts sent via E-Scripts or the National Student Clearinghouse should be sent to: