Hazardous Materials Release
If the hazardous materials release is within the area where you are, immediately EVACUATE.
- Alert others nearby of the problem and safely leave the immediate area.
- Consider going outside to fresh air.
If you are contaminated, remove the substance from your clothes or skin by washing with copious amounts of water.
- If the substance is reactive with water follow the Safety Data Sheet for decontamination.
If the hazardous materials release is from a source away from your location follow local responders' directions. This could include:
- Sheltering in place or evacuating.
- Closing windows and doors.
- Blocking air vents.
- Going to a higher or lower level in your building.