National Certification and Standardized Testing
The Certified Testing Center partners with several national testing companies to offer certification and standardized tests. These tests are administered online under strict procedures and requirements as set forth by each testing company. Testing candidates should register and schedule through the appropriate testing company. Here is an overview of some of the tests available; others may be available by contacting the testing company or calling the Certified Testing Center at 989-774-1092.
- PSI: FAA-AKT including Drone/Unmanned Aircraft Systems; Sport Pilot, Recreational and Private Pilot; Instrument Rating; Instructor-Flight, Ground & Sport Pilot; Flight Engineer, Commercial Pilot & Military Competence; Aviation Maintenance Technician; and Aircraft Dispatcher, Airline Transport Pilot, and Flight Navigator.
- ETS Prometric: Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Praxis (educational certifications), and Test of English as a Foreign Language (Toefl)
- Pearson VUE: Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC), Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) and Paramedic, Counseling, General Educational Development (GED), and other certification testing
- Pan: government-related testing such as FBI, Customs and Border Patrol Agents, and other certification testing
- Meazure: BOC Athletic Trainer and other certification testing
When scheduling a test with one of the companies listed above, please note the testing center hours, directions, and parking information. Parking passes are required and must be purchased through Parking Services.
The mission of the Certified Testing Center is to support engaging learning by professionally administering examinations to students and non-students ensuring confidentiality in an ethical, secure, and accessible environment. The Certified Testing Center adheres to the National College Testing Association (NCTA) Professional Standards and Guidelines.