The Parking Services division of the CMU Police Department offers parking permits for CMU affiliates and campus visitors while maintaining all related records. This area is also responsible for the collection efforts associated with parking citations and citation appeals. For questions concerning billing, parking permits, citations and locations, contact us at (989) 774-3083 or email email@example.com
Need-to-know parking Info
Vehicles and virtual parking permits
- Parking Permits are required Monday-Friday, from 2:00 a.m.—5:00 p.m. year-round.
- All parking lots on CMU's Campus are designated for specific permits.
- Lot entrance signs designate which permits are required to park.
- License plates must face the drive lane at all times while parked on campus.
- Permits are virtual and automatically active when purchased online.
- Maroon Permit: (students with less than 26 credits living on campus) $150
- South Permit: (students living on campus with more than 26 credits) $150
- Apartment Permit: (students living in Northwest Apartments on campus) $175
- Graduate Permit: (students living in Graduate Apartments on campus) $175
- Commuter Permit: (students living off campus) $175
- Faculty/Staff Permit: $185
- Senior Officer Permit: $200
Front parking plate
- A custom Front Parking Plate will be available for purchase for only $10 for those who prefer to pull through or back into a space.
- It will match your state-issued plate on the back of the vehicle and is good for the life of the registered plate.
- The Front Parking Plate can be purchased immediately after the purchase of your annual permit.
- The bracket/hardware is not included in the purchase.
CMU parking meters
- Metered parking is regulated Monday-Friday, from 6:00 a.m.—5:00 p.m.
- The maximum meter time is two hours.
- Cost for the meter is 50 cents per 30 minutes (quarters only).
- Parking is prohibited in metered spaces from 2:00 a.m.—6:00 a.m.
Pango mobile pay parking
- Pango is a mobile app that manages payments for short-term parking sessions while parked in designated Pango parking spaces.
- Pango sessions are regulated Monday-Friday, from 6:00 a.m.—5:00 p.m.
- The cost is 50 cents per 30 minutes (plus a convenience fee).
- The length of Pango parking sessions vary from 30 mins (UC Drive and Lot 57) to four hours (all others).
- Parking is prohibited in Pango spaces from 2:00 a.m.—6:00 a.m.
Open parking times
- Permit Regulations are not in effect Monday—Friday, from 5:00 p.m.—2:00 a.m. and weekends.
- Exceptions to this rule are Reserved Spaces, Fire lanes, Handicapped spaces, Carls Center spaces, and the 24/7 restricted Lot #41 which is reserved for faculty/staff.
Temporary permit information
- Students, Faculty and Staff without a Current Annual Permit: $5.00/DAY
To view CMU traffic ordinances related to parking, please click the link below to the left. For other ordinances/information please visit the Board of Trustees website, linked below to the right.