New Faculty Orientation Schedule
New Faculty Orientation (NFO) is held at the beginning of each Fall semester at Central Michigan University. CMU continues to refine this important event to ensure our faculty are prepared to begin their assignment.
While the first weeks on campus are always an exciting adventure, there are still many responsibilities that must be fulfilled and details that need to be attended to prior to the start of the semester. To assist you with preparing for your role, your positive engagements with students, and your responsibilities as a CMU community member, please attend the face-to-face orientation and complete the following structured set of activities in the order presented.
Monday, August 22, 2022
|8:00 a.m.||Doors Open|
|8:00 - 8:30 a.m.||Breakfast and Registration|
|8:30 - 9:00 a.m.||Welcome from Provost Nancy Mathews|
|9:00 - 9:15 a.m.||Who are CMU Students?|
|9:15 - 10:00 a.m.||Faculty Panel|
|10:00 - 11:00 a.m.||Open House|
Location: Bovee University Center Rotunda
View the campus map for building and parking lot locations.
The following items must be completed before your arrival on campus:
- Complete the required Pre-Orientation (30 minutes)
- Complete work authorization/I-9 in person at Warriner 308 prior to your employment start date. (5 minutes)
- View the welcome from CMU President Robert O. Davies (CMICH Login Required)
- Complete the self-paced Fundamentals of Blackboard training (CMICH Login Required) to develop the foundational skills necessary for use of CMU’s Learning Management System. (1-3 hours, based on experience)
- Identify and complete other applicable instructional trainings on the CIS Events and Training list. (Various lengths)
- As you prepare for future teaching assignments, complete the following: (40 minutes)
- Complete Early in the Fall Semester
Teaching support at every stage
Whether you’re an experienced faculty member or just starting out, the Office of Curriculum and Instructional Support can help you take the next step in advancing your teaching and helping your students learn. Visit the website (cis.cmich.edu) for more information about upcoming workshops, online just-in-time resources, and confidential consultations.
New Faculty Orientation is an ongoing effort that involves multiple campus partners that are here to support you and serve your needs. You may be contacted by other campus offices with additional resources, support services, and an invitation to connect.