Structuring Community & Sustaining Expectations
This collection of research and experience-supported materials was created to help you meet your dynamic teaching and learning needs. Check out the resources provided here to learn more about establishing an engaging community in your face-to-face, remote, and HyFlex classes. You’ll also find information and tips for maintaining high expectations, fostering inclusivity, and building rapport with students in various learning environments, simultaneously.
Sample Syllabus Language
- Sample Descriptions for the Teaching SyllabusIncluding clear guidance regarding classroom and university policies and procedures can elevate your syllabus’ transparency and support your learners' success. Here, we provide a range of flexible narratives, depending on your course, format, content, teaching style, etc. Feel free to apply this language to your course syllabus and modify it as needed. As always, please connect with your chair concerning the specific course and departmental policies.
Scheduling and Taking Attendance in a Bi-Modal Class (9:45)
This video will walk you through a few ways to create a class schedule and track attendance.
Group Work Best Practices
For more, on strategies to maximize group learning in your courses, visit our Cooperative or Collaborative Learning resources.
Using Synchronous Sessions
Read on to learn how to apply synchronous sessions to get the most out of your HyFlex course.
HyFlex Teaching: Engaging Two Audiences at the Same Time (11:05)
In this video, we share a few techniques to engage learners in a bi-modal classroom using practical, active learning strategies.
Supporting HyFlex Teaching Assistants and Student Volunteers
This guide contains a collection of resources that will be helpful to any teaching assistant or other student helping to support your HyFlex course delivery.
Best Practices in Hosting Virtual Office Hours
Hosting virtual office hours provides flexibility and convenience for both faculty and students. Here, we provide best practices in hosting office hours in virtual spaces.
Collaborative Learning in a HyFlex Class (8:59)
In this video, we share a few techniques to foster small group learning opportunities in diverse class environments.
Classroom (In)Civility Series
- Classroom (In)Civility Part 1 (6:52)
In this video, we will identify common classroom management challenges and explore communication and expectations as valuable tools to prevent and address classroom management issues.
- Classroom (In)Civility Part 2 (7:48)
In this video, we will explore the value of objectivity in managing our classroom and also identify the resources that are available to support instructors in their classroom management endeavors.
- Blackboard: Achievements
- Blackboard: Adding Webex Session and Recording Links to Blackboard and Viewing Attendance and other usage Reports
- Blackboard: Student Performance Dashboard
- Blackboard: Using the Discussion Board
- Teams: Creating, Managing, Joining, and Interacting Within Teams and Channels
- Teams: Install Microsoft Teams Client
- WebEx: Classroom polls
- Webex: Saving the Chat Log