Learning Media Production Services and Examples
The Learning Media Production team offers a range of services to help create and use digital media, including:
- Evaluating different production styles to meet learning objectives and developing overall themes and design concepts
- Producing digital media content for in-class and/or online learning
- Training in screen, webcam, and voice recording
- Converting, encoding, and hosting digital video with optimal delivery specifications within CMU's Chipcast Video Platform (Powered by Panopto)
- Live-streaming of special events and guest lectures
Our studio, centrally located in CMU's Park Library, allows our team to record learning objects using broadcast quality lighting, cameras, microphones, and instructional tools. Easy to use, state-of-the-art technologies allow faculty to annotate slide presentations for digital delivery and facilitate the use of a green-screen backdrop allowing content to appear behind instructors as they teach.
- View videos created in our Park Library studio with CIS Learning Media staff support
- Request a Studio Session using the MediaPro Request Form
The suite of autonomous maker spaces allows you to record video and green-screen content, audio narration over slide presentations or software/website demonstrations, and/or layout concepts on a lightboard. Visit the maker spaces page for more details and guidance for each facility.
- View videos made in the CIS Video Maker Space
- View videos made in the CIS Lightboard Maker Space
- Reserve a Media Maker Space
Learning Media Production is available to join you on location to record video content for your course. Whether it's a guest lecture in the classroom, demonstrations in the lab, or just a unique spot for a unique concept, our team can produce content wherever the learning takes us.
We also provide expertise in editing and sequencing various media elements for your course. If you have content that you acquired on your own, our team can use various software applications to sequence, re-time, animate, and publish your multimedia learning objects.
The Learning Media Production Team will work with instructors to find the most effective production method for their content. We will help visualize course content from concept to final delivery. By developing a production plan, with the guidance
of a course media producer, we can ensure the production elements of every course meets quality and instructional design goals.
Video Hosting - Chipcast @ CMU - Powered by Panopto
The CIS Creative Media Production team also manages the Chipcast Video Platform allowing you and your students to record, upload, share, manage and view multimedia presentations online or right within your Bb course shell.