Rooms, Rates and Resources
Please download this PDF for a full list of rooms and rental rates for Bovee University Center:
We can accommodate groups of almost any size. All of your food needs (from group coffee service, private banquets or alcoholic beverage services) can be coordinated through the Catering Office. For your convenience, seating can be arranged in the following ways:
- Theatre style (rows of chairs)
- Conference style (tables)
- Classroom style (tables with chairs, facing the front of the room)
Room Reservation Procedures
- Registered Student Organizations may start booking for the Fall Academic Semester starting August 1st.
- During the academic school year, Registered Student Organizations may begin booking the last full week of the month for the following month.
- Block Booking
- Only one booking per organization for the evening hours Monday - Thursday 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Friday & Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- This will be done on a first-come, first-serve basis
- If a room is booked and not used twice, the organizations will not be allowed to book a room for the remainder of the semester.
- Block booking can be done for a period of one month at a time.
- The Bovee University Center reserves the right to reassign or cancel a booking.
- Each reservation will be confirmed by an approved email or copy of your request. At this time, your event and space is officially approved.
- Cancellations must be given to the Bovee University Center immediately. Organizations or departments will be held responsible for any charges incurred due to non-cancellations.
- If an off-campus group fails to cancel an event, a rental charge for the facility and all equipment involved will be charged.
- If an on-campus group fails to cancel an event, a forfeit of further meetings or a rental charge will be considered. All groups are responsible for any damages.
- Arrangements for special setups or equipment should be made at the time the event is booked. Any changes or additions to the original request should also be communicated as soon as possible.
- Credit classes are not permitted to be held in the Bovee University Center.
Food Service Procedures
- No food or beverage may be brought into any meeting room within the Bovee University Center from any outside source.
- All food service arrangements must be made with the University Center Catering Services two weeks in advance for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and receptions, and forty-eight hours in advance for coffee hours and refreshments.
- A guaranteed number of people and an exact service time must be given to Catering Services seventy-two hours in advance to the catering event.
- Information concerning charges for facilities, equipment, or services is available in the University Center.
- Non-University groups reserving rooms will be charged the rental rate as indicated on the rate schedule. This includes national and state groups and non-credit workshops, institutes, and clinics with which CMU is affiliated.
- The University reserves the right to collect payment on fees, in part or in full, in advance for use of facilities.
- Priority is based on date of request
- First priority is given to University groups or organizations (student, faculty, and staff). Registered Student Organizations are the only student groups eligible to reserve a room.
- Second priority is given to non-University related groups.
- The University reserves the right to reassign facilities to assure the maximum and most appropriate utilization of facilities.
- The University facilities are reserved in the order in which requests are received, consideration being given to the size of the group and space available. All facilities must be scheduled through University Center Management.
- No tape, glue, tacks, or nails are permitted on the walls of the University Center. No open flame candles are permitted in meeting rooms. No helium balloons are permitted in the Rotunda room.
- Any group or individual sponsoring an event in University facilities assumes responsibility connected with the event. The University Center or the University assumes NO responsibility.
- A group leaving a meeting room in disorder (i.e. chairs disarranged, litter, etc.) is liable to a charge for labor required to clean and reset the room, with a minimum charge of $25.00.
- All groups using University space are expected to adhere to the laws of the State of Michigan, all-local and federal laws, and general policies, regulations, and guidelines of the University Center and Central Michigan University. Failure to comply with these regulations may result in the forfeit of the privilege of utilizing University facilities.
Central Michigan University AA/EO policy statement: Central Michigan University prohibits discrimination in the use of its facilities on the basis of religion, race, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, disabled and/or Vietnam-era status.