Heating and Cooling
The Refrigeration and Controls Shop is responsible for the maintenance and repair of all air conditioning, refrigeration units, and controls systems in campus facilities, including university apartments and dining commons.
- Control building temperatures
- Replace thermostats and related controls
- Maintain "constant temperature" rooms
- Service cooling towers
- Maintain and repair air-conditioning equipment
- Operate and maintain the energy management system
- Repair special refrigeration equipment
Space heaters are not authorized for use on the CMU campus. As required, please submit a work order request for routine maintenance to assess building temperatures.
If you have any questions regarding the services of the Heating and Cooling area, you may call (989) 774-6547.