Reviewing Reconciliation Forms
In an effort to assist supervisors in quickly reviewing and approving CMU Business Credit Card Reconciliation Forms, we have compiled a list of the top ten things to review:
- All transactions listed on the Credit Card statement are legitimate business purchases.
- Verify that purchases made using the CMU Business Credit Card are allowable. Purchases that are not allowed will be deducted from cardholder's paycheck.
- There are original itemized receipts for all business expenses except for per diem meals for the current statement period.
- Section A - Contact is filled in with Cardholder information.
- A narrative is included to describe all travel expenses.
- All travel expenses are reported in Section B - Daily Travel Expenses including dates and times of travel.
- Supplies and equipment costing over $500 are recorded in Section D - Expenditures.
- All Entertainment and Hosting activities are listed in Section D - Expenditures. Additional information for these expenses needs to be recorded on the Entertainment/Hosting Activities Supplemental Attachment or on a separate sheet of paper.
- The cardholder should sign in Section F. In addition, a CMU employee who is administratively senior to the employee/university representative must sign in Section F - Approval, and include the senior administrator's printer name.
- If a reimbursement claim is present, Section G - Financial is filled out correctly with Cost Centers, Internal Order Numbers, GLs, Amounts, and Descriptions.
If you have any questions regarding the procedures listed above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 989-774-3525 or 989-774-6944.