Eligibility and Application Process
To be eligible for the program, you must be either:
- a student of any ethnicity who is both a first-generation college student (neither parent has received a college degree - they can have received an associate's degree and/or some college) and considered low income according to federal guidelines (click here to access Trio income guidelines).
- a member of an underrepresented group (African American, Hispanic, Native American, Alaskan, Hawaiian, Pacific Islander) in graduate education.
In addition, you must :
- be an undergraduate student until spring 2024 or beyond.
- be seriously interested in preparing for graduate education and attaining a research doctorate.
- be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- be enrolled full-time at Central Michigan University.
- maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8.
- be able to have completed at least 56 credits before beginning the summer research experience.
Do you meet the eligibility requirements? Do you want to have the opportunity to do cool research and get your Ph.D. (possibly for free!)? We want to meet you, hear your story, and help you find an educational and career path that will best fit your needs and interests.