Chemical removal process
During the lab clean-out period, only.
Segregate chemicals and solutions/reagents for removal. Chemicals should be placed on a cart, in a tub, etc., with a notice for pick-up. For reasons of health and safety, lab personnel should review chemical inventories and eliminate the following:
- Outdated chemicals, solutions, and reagents
- Unlabeled chemical containers
- Corroded chemical containers
- Excess inventory
- Improper storage of toxic gases
- Improper storage of chemicals
- Chemicals no longer in use
Contact RMEHS at (989) 774-7398 or email to schedule a hazardous waste pickup. Your chemicals will be picked up directly from your lab. Please make every attempt to label and identify all materials to minimize the number of unknowns.