Financial Aid Planning Calendar and Checklist
Keep track of your progress
1. Complete and send your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- You may complete and submit the FAFSA.
- Gather your federal tax documents.
- List CMU’s name and Title IV School Code, 002243.
- For priority consideration, apply and submit your FAFSA online no later than March 1 or send your FAFSA by U.S. Mail by February 15.
2. A Student Aid Report (SAR) that summarizes your FAFSA application, will be sent by the federal processor. If corrections are necessary, make the changes return the SAR to the federal processor.
3. If requested by CMU, submit copies of federal tax returns and other requested forms and documents to CMU’s Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
4. A financial aid statement that outlines your aid eligibility will be emailed to you in early February if you are a new student and in early June if you are a continuing student. Review the statement and complete any documents requested. Return requested documents to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.