Upcoming Events for SAPA
Learn more about what events SAPA has coming up in the near future!
- SAPA is hosting their annual interviews for peer advocate positions for the 2023-24 academic year. If you haven't applied and would like to, we have extended the deadline to March 17th.
Letters for Survivors campaign begins
- Share your support for those who have been impacted by sexual assault. Letters can be colorful or plain, printed or crafted, handwritten or typed, long or short...it's really up to the writer! All we ask is that they be a clear message of support and empowerment to survivors who might read it and that it be on paper that is flat and can be hung in a window. You can drop your messages in a drop box located near the desk area of each residence community OR you can email your messages to email@example.com. Members of SAPA will collect them and they will be displayed for the first half of April in the Volunteer Center for all to see.
April | Sexual Assault Awareness Month
April 3-14 | Volunteer Center
Letters for Survivors campaign and Clothesline Project
- Letters collected throughout the month of March will be displayed as messages to survivors in our community. Select shirts made and donated by survivors to the Clothesline Project will be displayed too.
April 5 | 2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. | UC Rotunda
25th anniversary walk-thru history
- Join us for a day of celebration! We are inviting the campus and community to join us for an interactive history exhibit. This event is open to the public. Light refreshments available while supplies last.
Teal Day and Sexual Assault Awareness Month Day of Action
- Wear teal today in support of those impacted by sexual assault.
April 11 | 7:00 p.m. | UC Rotunda
- Join us in the UC Rotunda as we stand in solidarity with survivors of sexual assault. The night will feature live performances followed by a speak out event.
Social media awareness week
- Follow us all week long to learn more about sexual assault and raise awareness.
Sexual Assault Awareness Month display
- Walk the sidewalk between the Park Library and Fabiano Gardens to see a visual representation of sexual assault statistics and information.
- Wear jeans today and join the national movement to raise awareness about sexual assault and consent.
Walking Clothesline Project
- SAPAs will be walking through campus carrying some shirts made by survivors as part of the Clothesline Project.