AnnMarie Bates, MS, CCC-SLP is a Speech Language Pathology Master Clinical Educator within the Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences at Central Michigan University. Prior to transitioning to CMU, AnnMarie was a school based SLP for nearly 20 years. In addition, she has worked within the acute, subacute, long-term care, home health, and outpatient rehabilitation settings. At CMU, AnnMarie provides supervision to graduate and undergraduate clinicians in the areas of speech sound disorders, fluency, transgender voice, language, literacy, social aspects of communication, cognitive aspects of communication, and augmentative and alternative communication. In addition, AnnMarie is a member of the CMU Approved Autism Evaluation Center (AAEC) and provides clinician supervision and diagnostic input to the AAEC inter-disciplinary team.
More About ANNMARIE BATES
Publications & Presentations
- Peart, A., Tuttle, M.D., Bates, A.L. & Smith, M.B. (2022, January) Conducting High-Quality Autism Spectrum Disorder Evaluations: How to Support Your School Team. Presentation at the Michigan Association of Administrators of Special Education Conference, Lansing, MI.
- Bates, A.L.; Lehman, M.E. (2021, December). The Use of Utrasound and Acoustic Biofeedback in Remediation of /r/. Presentation at Communication is Central: A Professional Learning Event Series, virtual presentation.
- Smith, M.B.1, Bates, A.L., & Tuttle, M.D (2021, November) Clinical Diagnosis of Autism with a University-Based Approved Autism Center. Presentation at the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Annual Meeting, Washington D.C.
- Smith, M.B.1, Bates, A.L., & Tuttle, M.D (2021, September) Making Meaning of Diagnostic Reports: How Assessment of Autism Can Inform a BCBA’s Practice. Presentation at the Michigan Autism Council Annual Meeting, virtual conference.
- Smith, M.B.1, Bates, A.L.1, & Tuttle, M.D (2020, March) Clinical Diagnosis of Autism within a University-Based Approved Autism Evaluation Center Presentation at the Michigan Speech language Hearing Association Annual Meeting, virtual conference.
Credentials, Certifications & Awards
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP)
- MS, University of Nebraska at Lincoln, 1997
- BS, University of Nebraska at Lincoln, 1994
- Speech Sound Disorders
- School Based Services including Multi-Disciplinary Systems of Support (MTSS)
Membership in Professional Organizations
- Michigan Speech-Language and Hearing Association
- American Speech-Language and Hearing Association
Current Licenses/Certifications Held
- Holder, Speech-Language Pathology - State of Michigan License
- CSD 495: Clinical Experience: Communication Disorders
- CSD 537K: Special Topics in Communication Sciences and Disorders: School-Based Issues for the SLP
- CSD 550: Communication Assessment and Intervention in Children with Autism
- SLP 749: Clinical Practicum in Speech-Language Pathology