LAWSON JR, DANIEL
Associate Professor of English and Director of the Writing Center
PhD, Rhetoric and Writing, Virginia Tech, May 2011.
MA, English (Pedagogy), Northern Michigan University, December 2006Dissertation: “Like Their Lives Depended On It”: The Role of Comics in Subverting Anti-Arab and Islamophobic Discourse
BA, English and History Secondary Education, Northern Michigan University, December 2004.
BA, English and History, Northern Michigan University, August 2000.
- Writing Centers
- Visual Rhetoric
- Civic Rhetoric
- Writing Across the Curriculum
- Media Studies
- Affect and Writing.
- ELI 099 - English Language Institute Writing Workshop
- ENG 141 - Comics, Graphic Novels, and Other Illustrated Texts
- ENG 193 - Writing Workshop
- ENG 201H - Honors Intermediate Composition
- ENG 299 - Writing Workshop II
- ENG 510 - Writing Center Practicum
- ENG 514 - Language and Media Discourse