More About DOUGLAS LAPP
Publications & Presentations
- Lapp, D.A. & St. John, D. (2015). Playing with perpendicular lines: The case of Laura. In D. Polly (Ed.), Cases on Technology Integration in Mathematics Education (pp. 100-120). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Lapp, D.A., Ermete, M., Brackett, N., & Powell, K. (2013). Linked representations in algebra: Developing symbolic meaning. Mathematics Teacher, 107(4), 306-312. (Click Here for additional materials related to the article.)
- Nyman, M. A., Lapp, D. A., St. John, D., Berry, J. S. (2010). Those do what? Connecting eigenvalues and eigenvectors to the rest of linear algebra. The International Journal for Technology in Mathematics Education, 17(1), 33-42.
- Lapp, D.A., Nyman, M., & Berry, J. (2010). Student Connections of Linear Algebra Concepts: An Analysis of Concept Maps. International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology, 41(1), 1-18.
- Lapp, D.A., Nyman, M., & Berry, J. (in press). Student Connections of Linear Algebra Concepts: An Analysis of Concept Maps. International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology.
- Lapp, D.A. & St. John, D. (2009). Gifted and talented mathematics students: Perspectives from the USA. Mathematics in School, 38(3), 38-41.
- Lapp, D.A. & St. John, D. (2009). Dynamically connected representations: A powerful tool for the teaching and learning of mathematics. The International Journal for Technology in Mathematics Education, 16(1), 37-44. (Pre-print)
- Berry, J. S., Lapp, D.A., & Nyman, M.A. (2008). Using technology to facilitate reasoning: Lifting the fog from linear algebra, Teaching Mathematics and Its Applications, 27(2), 102-111.
- Manouchehri, A. & Lapp, D.A. (2003). Unveiling Student Understanding: The Role of Questioning in Instruction, Mathematics Teacher, 96(8), 562-566.
- Lapp, D. A. & Cyrus, V. F. (2000). Using Data Collection Devices to Enhance Student Understanding, Mathematics Teacher, 93(6), 504-510.
- Lapp, D. A. (1999). Multiple Representations for Pattern Exploration with the Graphing Calculator and Manipulatives, Mathematics Teacher, 92(2), 109-113.
- Lapp, D. A. & Moenk, S. J. (1999). Calculator-Based Laboratory Technology: What Does Research Suggest?, Presented at the 12th International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics, San Francisco, CA, 4-7 November 1999.
- Lapp, D. A. (1999). Using Calculator-Based Laboratory Technology: Insights from Research, Presented at the Fourth International Conference on Technology in Mathematics Teaching, Plymouth, United Kingdom, 9-13 August 1999.
- Lapp, D. A. (1997). A Theoretical Model for Student Perception of Technological Authority: Impact on Instruction, Presented at the Third International Conference on Technology in Mathematics Teaching, Koblenz, Germany, 29 September-2 October 1997.
Credentials, Certifications & Awards
Honors and Awards
- College of Science and Technology Outstanding Teaching Award, 2001
- Ph.D., The Ohio State University, 1995
- M.A., The Ohio State University, 1990
- B.S.Ed., The Ohio State University, 1988
- Use of technology in the teaching and learning of mathematics
Membership in Professional Organizations
- Mathematical Association of America (MAA),
- Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (AMTE),
- National Council of Teacher of Mathematics (NCTM),
- Michigan Council of Teachers of Mathematics (MCTM)
- Mathematics Education