Almost every business and every person has an online presence—and hackers know it. Cybersecurity experts lead the fight against these intruders. Open the door to thousands of jobs with a Central Michigan University cybersecurity certificate.
Why This Program & What You'll Learn
Online security threats are everywhere. And with a certificate in cybersecurity from CMU, you'll find jobs wherever you look, too.
Many cybersecurity pros have backgrounds in networking or software development. More than ever, though, companies want employees who specialize in a particular field, such as logistics or healthcare. Adding a cybersecurity certificate to your major makes a strong degree even stronger.
You can earn a certificate by adding just five classes to your existing course schedule. In CMU's cybersecurity program, you'll cover topics including:
- How to gauge risks and implement security plans.
- Cloud computing and online privacy.
- Other critical aspects of online security.
In this fast-moving field, the nature of the challenges you'll face changes daily. You'll learn from faculty who work at organizations including the U.S. Army, General Motors and Accenture. So as they learn about new threats, they share their hard-won knowledge with you.
Once you graduate, you'll be ready to sit for CASP, Network+ and Security+ certification exams. And if you have previous IT experience, you’ll be eligible to take certification exams in CCSK and CISSP.
As a cybersecurity student, you will:
- Access cyberdefense tools at CMU's Cyber Center, a hub for both students and faculty.
- Meet leading cybersecurity experts from business and government at workshops and discussion panels.
- Thwart hackers in capture-the-flag competitions, simulated events that happen several times a year.
- Join CMU's Cybersecurity Club for networking, community outreach and other events.
Careers & Outcomes
There are hundreds of thousands of cybersecurity jobs available worldwide, and not enough people to fill them. A cybersecurity certificate from CMU puts you in demand.
|Cyber Crime Analyst/Investigator||$82,013|
|Cyber Security Engineer||$98,374|
|Vulnerability Analyst/Penetration Tester||$102,307|