Fines and Penalties
The person who registers a vehicle with the university is responsible for all parking violations and is subject to all fines or disciplinary action.
- Failure to pay a parking violation within 7 days will result in a late fee.
- Parking violations that remain outstanding for 17 days or more will be billed to the registered owner's student or employee account.
Parking Fine Schedule
|AMOUNT||AFTER 7 DAYS|
|Handicap Parking Violation||$150||$150|
|Failure to Display Permit||$30||$45|
|Parking in Service Drive Area||$30||$45|
|No Parking 2 a.m. - 6 a.m.||$30||$45|
|Parking in No-Parking Area (Signed)||$30||$45|
|Overtime Meter Parking||$15||$30|
Revocation of Privileges
- Providing false information when applying for parking privileges.
- Using a fraudulent parking permit, or other fraud-related actions.
After reviewing the CMU Parking Ordinances, you may appeal a citation if a valid explanation is provided. The appeals process is designed to provide a format in which the citation can be reviewed. Parking citations can be appealed within 14 days from the issue date of the citation.
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859
Parking Enforcement Reticketing Guidelines
- Meters may be re-ticketed after two (2) hours (maximum of two per day).
- Service drives and all other violations may be re-ticketed after four (4) hours (maximum of two per day).
- Vehicles parked in violation of university parking regulations, those that have three to five outstanding violations, failing to comply with the mandatory lot evacuation schedule or situations deemed necessary by CMU Police may be towed at the owner's expense.
- Vehicles displaying a fraudulent, lost or stolen parking permit may be towed at the owner’s expense.