Proactive, Responsible and Accountable
CMU leaders act with integrity, "walk the talk," work hard, seize opportunities and step up to take on new responsibilities and challenges. We know CMU's success is everyone's responsibility. We welcome and learn from constructive feedback, are accountable for our actions and hold others accountable. We pursue innovative and creative solutions and seek ideas from others.
- February 2018 Edition: Proactive, Responsible, and Accountable
- June 2018 Edition: The Power of Positive and Healthy Cultures
- "6 Words for Stopping Blame and Increasing Accountability" by Mark Murphy, 2015 (Forbes)
- "Take Ownership of Your Actions by Taking Responsibility" by John Coleman, 2012 (Harvard Business Review)
- "Building a Culture of Accountability" by Randy Pennington, 2015 (SHRM Website)
- "How to Be Proactive at Work: My 5 Step System" by Chrissy Scivicque, 2010 (Eat Your Career)
Related Training Opportunities
These conversations are the key to getting things done and strengthening work relationships, yet they often miss the mark on both counts! This training covers the 4 basic needs of every employee, and what you can do to best meet those needs through effective two way conversations.
360 Degree Assessments
In 360-degree feedback, employees' behaviors and skills are evaluated not only by subordinates, but also by peers, customers, supervisors, and themselves. Professional Development Programs will assist you with the development, online distribution, and review of the 360-degree tool.
Unleashing Talent Workshop
This Franklin Covey workshop is specifically designed for supervisors.It coaches you in how to release the potential and passion of your team members through 1) guiding them to discover their unique talents and contributions, 2) clarifying desired results and accountability, and 3) being a genuine source of help and support for them. There is a $40 material fee.
Leadership Excellence Series
Professional Development Programs offers this series just once per year in the fall. This fast-paced program takes a more in-depth dive into the heart of the Leadership Standards Initiative, exploring leadership theory, practices, and skills in an interactive and engaging setting. Certification will be awarded upon completion of the series. If you are interested, you must register for the entire series.