Work-Study Report Instructions
All SAP users have access to the Departmental Work Study Report which provides several pieces of vital information, including a student employee's Work-Study award amount and earnings-to-date. A Work-Study student will not appear on the report
until that student has earnings.
Work-Study award amounts update nightly. Earnings on the report update every two weeks after the current payroll is run and released. For specific dates, contact Payroll.
There are three Work-Study award periods in the fiscal year. Chronologically, they are Summer II (SUM 2), Academic Year (ACAD), and Summer I (SUM 1).
Accessing the Report
There are two ways to access the report:
- Type in ZPA_ZPRPA007 in the field on the upper left of any SAP screen, OR
- On your User Menu, go to: Reports > Students > Dept Student Work-Study
Execute. The following SELECTION SCREEN appears:
Executing the Report
On the Selection Screen enter a PROCESSING DATE. To view the latest data for the current award period, enter today's date.
Next, enter either a student PERSONNEL NUMBER (Campus ID#) or a Work-Study COST CENTER, and Execute.
The report displays in less than a minute. When it comes up, it looks like the following:
The report is simple yet contains useful and vital information.
Across the top:
- The PROCESSING DATE: In the example: 03/15/2021
- The AID YEAR: 2020-21
- The AID PERIOD: ACAD (Academic Year)
- The dates of the Academic year: 08/09/2020 to 05/15/2021
- The date through which the information is updated: The earnings on this particular report are UPDATED THROUGH THE PAY PERIOD ENDING: 02/20/2021
The body of the report contains:
- The student's NAME
- The student's Campus ID Number (PERS #)
- The student's Work-Study AWARD AMOUNT
- The student's EARNINGS through the pay period specified at the top right (in the example: 02/20/2021)
- The BALANCE of the student's Work-Study award for the award period (in this case the Academic year).
The award amount is particularly important: If a student's Work-Study award is reduced for any reason, you can be aware of it within 24 hours by accessing this report.
Changes in Work-Study award amounts are updated nightly. Departments are encouraged to review all of their students' Work-Study award amounts frequently.
An award reduction going unnoticed may mean earnings must be covered with GSA funding instead.
Student employees with Work-Study earnings in more than one department will appear on the report with EARNINGS from your cost center only; however, the AWARD AMOUNT will be the total for both departments.
Typically, a Work-Study Share Form is routed between the two departments and an agreement is reached about how much of the award each department will utilize.
The Work-Study report can help if you want to know if a student employee is earning Work-Study funds in more than one department:
Bring up the SELECTION-SCREEN. Enter a PROCESSING DATE and the student's PERSONNEL NUMBER (Campus ID #). Execute.
The report lists students under all of the cost centers for which they have Work-Study earnings. Remember, earnings are for the individual cost center while the award amount is in total.
In the example, Paul Savoy has two Cost Centers, but a total Work-Study award of $8000.00. Notice the Earnings within each Cost Center and the Balance attributed.