Identifying and Designating a Proctor
Acceptable proctors include:
- CMU Campus Centers (pre-approved)
- CMU Online Staff (pre-approved)
- Local librarians
- Military/industry education or testing centers
- School/college counselors, administrators, and teachers
Friends, relatives, direct supervisors, co-workers, or anyone the student has a personal relationship with are not qualified proctors and will be denied. Any individual who cannot provide a suitable testing environment will also be denied as a proctor. Contact information – phone and email address – must be affiliated with the proctor's organization.
CMU reserves the right to deny any proctor or assign proctors to students as necessary. If you have questions about a prospective proctor, contact the Certified Testing Center at 989-774-1092 or email email@example.com for clarification.
To Designate a Proctor for Approval:
- Login to the Proctor Designation System.
- Once logged in, the screen will display your customized information.
- Click the Add Proctor tab.
- Complete the information by entering the zip code for the proctor’s location; choose a proctor location – Mt. Pleasant campus or other location. If choosing another location, you’ll then select the proctor type – CMU
Global Campus Center or Non-CMU Proctor
Proctor Type: CMU or Non-CMU Proctors:
- CMU proctors at the campus Testing Center and our off-campus locations (formerly known as Global Campus) are automatically approved.
- Non-CMU Pre-approved Proctors are proctors who have been previously approved by CMU. Students will need to double-check that the proctor is still available, schedule exams directly with the proctor, and comply with requirements and/or costs associated with Non-CMU proctors.
- A Non-CMU Proctor, not already listed, requires submission for approval. Select Submit a Proctor for Approval through the designation form and include all information that is listed. Students will receive an email from CMU with approval or denial within 2 business days. Students must schedule exams directly with the proctor and comply with requirements and/or costs associated with Non-CMU proctors.
Exam Instructions and Passcodes Emailed to Approved Proctors:
- Exam instructions and passcodes are sent to approved proctors during WEEK 1 of the term.
- If a proctor designation is received after WEEK 1 of the term, exam instructions and passcodes are emailed to the proctor within 2 business days after approval.