Complete the 2023 library survey and shape the University Libraries’ future
Have you visited the Park Library or used the University Libraries’ online collections and services this semester or anytime during the past year? We want to know about students' experiences and perspectives!
To respond to the student library survey, go to: Library.cmich.edu/Survey2023.
The survey is open from Monday, February 6 through Tuesday, February 28.
This survey is completely voluntary, and participation implies consent. Your responses are anonymous. The survey should take about 9 minutes to complete. Most questions are multiple choice and there is one open-ended comment box.
At the end of the survey, you may choose to participate in a drawing as a thank you for your time. Prizes include:
- $100 CMU Bookstore gift card (two will be awarded).
- $25 CMU Bookstore gift cards (ten will be awarded).
The survey results will be reported in summary form only. Names and contact information collected for the prize drawing are not connected to your survey responses. Those who choose to participate in the drawing will be directed to a separate form.
Student feedback from past surveys in 2014 and 2018 led to many enhancements of the library's collections, services, and spaces, such as:
- Expanding after-hours access to 1 North and the 1st floor quiet study area.
- Changing our food policy from no food allowed to small snacks allowed.
- Creating group-friendly study spaces like the Copeland Suite and 3 East.
- Enhancing the individual study experience with pod-style furniture in the Mary Dow Reading Room.
- Offering a quality-of-life room to support students’ needs for quiet reflection, mental health, and more.
- Introducing adjustable height desks in the Mary Dow Reading Room.
- Offering more marker boards throughout the building.
- Offering a greater variety of seating options.
- Increasing the visibility of electrical outlets.
- Experimenting with study room reservation systems.
- Installing Adobe Creative Cloud on all library computers.
- Continuously improving our website and online services.
- Subscribing to the Hathi Trust’s digital book collection.
- Expanding our collections to include more diverse authors and topics.
- Piloting a textbook affordability program.
- Showcasing our collections through online and physical displays.
We want everyone to belong at the University Libraries whether you use the library’s resources in person or online. A lot has changed in the world since our last survey in 2018. Your experiences and perspectives using the University Libraries’ services, collections, and facilities matter to us. We will use your survey responses to adapt and evolve. Thank you for participating in this year’s survey!