Faculty Distinguished Service AwardSubmit a Nomination
The deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. on Friday, December 16.
A call for nominations is sent out to the campus community in January of each year. Instructions will be provided regarding the process. The Advisory Council selects winners through a blind review process. Winner(s) are recognized at the Faculty Excellence Exhibition ceremony in March.
- Leadership in the Academic Senate or its committees.
- Support and promotion of the teaching and scholarship of others.
- Engagement in mentoring of students.
- Leadership in assessment and/or accreditation activities.
- Leadership that enhances civility and respect.
- Development of diversity and multicultural programming.
- Engagement in capital campaign or other resource-generating activities.
- Leadership in regional and national professional groups.
- Leadership in and development of service learning or civic engagement programs.
This award is intended to recognize the service faculty members provide because of their standing in the professorate of their discipline, and so would not be appropriate for service rendered outside of that professional role (e.g., as a community or family member). An individual who has received this award will not be eligible again for six years.