Alcohol and drug misuse can negatively impact student success.
CMCREW can help.
College students dealing with alcohol and drug misuse can cause health, interpersonal, and financial problems, negatively impacting their academic performance and overall success.
As a service to CMU students, Ten16 Recovery Network helps those struggling with alcohol and drug misuse. Located in Robinson Hall, CMCREW is an independent resource for students whose drug and/or alcohol usage are creating health, interpersonal and financial problems or whose academic performance and overall success are being negatively affected.
Located in Robinson Hall, CMCREW does one-on-one consultations, educational programs on-campus, and partners with other offices to help educate the campus community on these important issues.
Recovery services, including coaching and support groups, are free to students, both off-campus and on-campus. Other services such as evaluations and classes have a fee schedule.
CMCREW services offered include:
- Wellness Coaching. One-on-one meetings with a certified recovery coach with the purpose of developing and implementing a recovery and wellness plan.
- Student evaluations. One-on-one evaluation with a CMCREW staff member to evaluate a student's alcohol and drug use. Based on their results, students will receive feedback and recommendations for additional services.
- Recovery Ally Training. An interactive training geared towards individuals who are invested in the recovery of others and those interested in being an ally to individuals in recovery from alcohol or other drugs. Content covers recovery-friendly language, combating stigma, an overview of addiction and recovery, and ways to be a recovery ally.
- Naloxone Training. Training on how and when to administer the drug naloxone (brand name: Narcan) in response to a suspected opioid overdose.
- Peer-led support groups. An informal gathering of students and fellow community members sharing experiences and effective strategies with one another.
- Classroom/Group Presentations. Classes or student groups can reach out to CMCREW to arrange a presentation on CMCREW services as well as information around responsible use of alcohol and other drugs, stigmas, and recovery-friendly language.