Our global network extends across 34 countries, with nearly 200 agreements with international universities and organizations spanning activities such as exchanges, dual degrees, articulation agreements, study abroad affiliations, research collaborations and other activities. Explore the map to see where our partners are located, and read on for instructions on how to develop an international partnership.
Agreements outline both the expectations and obligations for each party in the agreement. Because these agreements are legal contracts, it is imperative that university policies and procedures are followed and that there is good communication with internal and external partners throughout the process. The Office of Global Engagement works with Licensure, Regulatory Services, and Human Capital to review all international agreements. If you are initiating or renewing an international agreement, please contact the Office of Global Engagement's Executive Director Jennifer Evanuik at email@example.com.
Types of Agreements
- Articulation: Two or more parties develop curriculum matching and/or credit transfer guidelines (dual and joint degrees, transfer agreements, guest student programs, etc).
- Affiliation: Outside agencies agree to accept Central Michigan University students in internships, clinical experiences, teaching placements, or 3rd party study abroad programs.
- Exchange: Students from CMU go to study at another institution for a semester or academic year while students from that institution come to study at CMU.
- MOU: This is a general agreement to discuss opportunities for collaboration between CMU and another party.
- Recruitment: A third party agrees to recruit students for CMU.
To see a list of all active international agreements, please view our PDFs: