Study and Success Strategies
Reach your academic goals
There are study tips and strategies for anything and everyone.
Check out the Pomodoro Technique to break up studying into smaller amounts of time. This strategy helps you be more efficient and effective in studying.
Weekly Schedule Grid
Use the Weekly Schedule Grid to map out your time each week.
Video on Using Flashcards a Better Way
You have likely used flashcards before, but were you doing it most effectively? Watch this video to learn a new flashcard strategy that many students have found super helpful!
Survive Finals Guide
Use this Survive Finals Guide to help you prepare and keep you organized for each day of finals week.
Learning and studying
How do you learn?Do you know your learning style? Take 5 minutes to complete the Vark Learning Styles Questionnaire to see if you learning style is: Visual - Auditory - Reading/writing - or Kinesthetic.
Studying for Your StyleOnce you know your style (or combination of styles), use these study tips for extra help!
There is a FREE app for that
- My Study Life - Organize your classes, tasks and exams & never forget a lecture or assignment again.
- Todait - Get help achieving both short-term and long-term goals for your life.
- FocusMe - Tool that “walls off” online temptation to instantly increase personal efficiency and take countless hours of your life back.
- Be Focused - Lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks separated by short breaks.
- Quizlet- Create your own flashcards or choose from millions created by other students.
- Khan Academy - Personalized learning library with thousands of interactive exercises, videos, and articles on dozens of subjects.
- Flora- A new way to stay focused on your tasks, clear to-do lists, and build positive, life-changing habits.
- Mint - Effortlessly manage your finances in one place.
- Chipper - helps you optimize and "chip away" student debt faster.