Award criteria and application
Please read before completing the application.
The CMU Veteran Award is a need-based award for eligible Veterans who have been admitted to CMU after August 16, 2016.
- Monitor receipt of the FAFSA via Central Link under Finances – select Financial Aid (FA) Status Page.
- Undergraduates with an EFC of 0 to 5940 may qualify
- Graduates with an EFC of 0 to 4428 may qualify
- Undergraduate enrollment per semester is 9 credit hours or more
- Graduate enrollment per semester is 6 credit hours or more
How to apply
- You must be a current Central Michigan University student to apply for this scholarship.
- Students must apply annually for this award.
- File the most recent Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Make sure your EFC qualifies for application.
- Register for classes, making sure you meet the minimum enrollment requirement for your grade level.
- Complete the Veteran Award Application
- Provide a copy of your DD-214 member-4 copy verifying honorable discharge or,
- documentation from the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs indicating eligibility for educational benefits.
- Attach documentation to the application.
- Do not send copies via email or FAX.
Due dates for Fall and Spring semesters
- October 1 for Fall only or Fall and Spring enrollment
- February 1 for Spring only enrollment
- June 1 for Summer enrollment
Follow this link to log in with your CMU credentials to complete the Veterans Award application: