Dr. Feig joined the GES faculty in 2011 and has taught at the University of Louisiana-Monroe and the University of Texas at El Paso. Originally born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona, he lives in Mount Pleasant with his family.
More About ANTHONY FEIG
Publications & Presentations
- Feig, A.D., Atchison, C.L., Stokes, A. & Gilley, B. (2019). Achieving inclusive field-based education: Results and recommendations from an accessible geoscience field trip, Journal of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 19 (2),
- Rincones-Delgado, R., & Feig, A.D. (2018). Principles and principals: Leveraging K-12 principal training and evaluation standards to support environmental, ecological and sustainability education. School Leadership Review, Summer 2018, 15-37.
- Feig, A.D. (Indexed in 2018, completed in 2002). A primer on the epistemological frameworks of evolution and creationism for science education researchers. Mt. Pleasant, USA: Central Michigan University & University of Texas at El Paso. (ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED 582 416)
- Hendricks, J., Atchison, C. & Feig, A.D., 2017, Effective use of personal assistants for students with disabilities: Lessons learned from the 2014 accessible geoscience field trip. Journal of Geoscience Education, 65, p. 1-10.
- Gilley, B., Atchison, C., Feig, A.D., & Stokes, A., 2015, Impact of inclusive field trips, in: Nature Geoscience, 8, p. 579-580.
- Tian Y.Q., Yu Q., Feig A.D., Ye, C.J., and Blunden A.M., 2013, Effects of climate and land-surface processes on terrestrial dissolved organic carbon export to major U.S. coastal Rivers. Ecological Engineering, doi: 10.1016/j.ecoleng.2013.01.028
- Feig, A.D. & Huxtable, T.A., 2017, Geocomedy for teaching and learning, 2017 Annual Meeting of the Geological Society of America, 22-25 OCT 2017, Seattle, WA.
- Feig, A.D. & Huxtable, T.A., 2017, Geocomedy in politics, current events, & “controversial” topics, 2017 Annual Meeting of the Geological Society of America, 22-25 OCT 2017, Seattle, WA.
- Huxtable, T.A. & Feig, A.D. &, 2017, Disciplinary and institutional geocomedy for practitioners, 2017 Annual Meeting of the Geological Society of America, 22-25 OCT 2017, Seattle, WA.
- Paradis, C., Atchison, C.L., Feig, A.D., Gilley, B.H. & Stokes, A. (2015). The impact of inclusion: A student's perspective of participating in a fully-accessible geoscience field course. Paper presentation at the Earth Educator’s Rendezvous. Boulder, CO, July 13-17. Available online at: http://serc.carleton.edu/earth_rendezvous/2015/program_table/abstracts/100687.html
- Gilley, B.H., Atchison, C.L., Feig, A.D. & Stokes, A. (2015). Full access to the Sea-to-Sky Highway: Offering an accessible field trip. National Association for Geoscience Teachers Pacific Northwest Section 2015 Annual Conference. Victoria, British Columbia, June, 15.
- St. John, K., Macdonald, H., Feig, A.D., Ladue, N., Lukes, L., McNeal, k., & Riggs, E., 2015, Shaping the future of geoscience education research: a community effort, presentation at 2015 Annual Meeting of the Geological Society of America, 1-4 NOV, Baltimore, MD.
- Stokes, A., Atchison, C.L., Feig, A.D. & Gilley, B.H. (2015). Delivering accessible fieldwork: Preliminary findings from a collaborative international study. Technical presentation at Geological Society Higher Education Network (HEN) Annual Meeting: Sharing Education Practices in the Geosciences. Plymouth University, Plymouth, United Kingdom, January 21-22.
- Atchison, C.L., Feig, A.D., Gilley, B.H. & Stokes, A. (2014). Preliminary findings from an accessible field course developed through international collaboration. Technical presentation at Geological Society of America (GSA) Annual Meeting, Abstracts with Programs, Vol. 46, No. 6, p.0. Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, October 19-22. Available online at: https://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2014AM/webprogram/Paper242930.html. Recorded and captioned at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWiefP5cagg
- Feig, A.D., Tian, Y.Q., & Yu, Q., 2013, Export of terrestrial dissolved organic carbon to coastal rivers as a function of climate and land-surface processes, Technical presentation at Geological Society of America (GSA) Annual Meeting, Abstracts with Programs, Vol. 46, No. 6, p.0. Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, October 19-22.
- Feig, A.D., & Tian Y., 2013, Engaging with the next generation science standards as environmental scientists and engineers, poster presentation at Association of Engineering & Environmental Science Professors 50th Anniversary Conference, 14-16 JUL 2013, Boulder, CO.
- Cooperrider, L., and Feig, A.D., 2013, Reflections from an undergraduate preservice Earth science teacher: 47th Annual Meeting of the North-Central Section of the Geological Society of America, Kalamazoo, MI, 2 May 2013. WINNER, BEST UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT PRESENTATION
- Feig, A.D., and Cooperrider, L., 2013, MacGyver Week and other novel tasks in a methods class for preservice Earth science teachers: 47th Annual Meeting of the North-Central Section of the Geological Society of America, Kalamazoo, MI, 2 May 2013.
Credentials, Certifications & Awards
Honors and Awards
- Associate Editor for Research, Journal of Geoscience Education, 2010-present
- Outstanding Paper, 2013, Journal of Geoscience Education
- Ed.D., Science Education and Reform, University of Texas at El Paso, 2004
- M.S., Geosciences, University of Nevada Las Vegas, 1998
- B.A., Earth & Planetary Sciences, University of New Mexico, 1995
- B.A., Psychology, University of New Mexico, 1995
- K-12 Environmental Education
- STEM Education Policy Analysis, STEM & Politics
- Accessible Learning in Geoscience, #DisabledInSTEM
- Self-Identity & Self-Efficacy of Science Practitioners
- Identity Politics in Geoscience Education Research
- The “Dr. Science” archetype as a means to combat anti-intellectualism and make science more inclusive
- Expanding novelty space & field learning theory for inclusive geoscience education
Membership in Professional Organizations
- Geological Society of America
- National Association of Geoscience Teachers
- International Association for Geoscience Diversity
- Earth Science Education
- Environmental Justice
- Environmental Studies