More about Jamie Haines
Publications & Presentations
- Trommer-Beardsley H, Brow M, Powell M, Marsh C, Rohn E, Haines J. A Model for Interprofessional Learning: Dance and Physical Therapy Students’ Collaboration on Classes for People with Parkinson’s Disease. Dance Education in Practice. Accepted for publication. Expected publication date March 2022.
- Haines J, Arnold M. Safe patient handling and mobility principles in Doctor of Physical Therapy education: student intentions for future practice. Int J SPHM, 2021. 11(2);61-75.
- Haines J, Arnold M. Integration of Safe Patient Handling and Mobility Principles in Professional Physical Therapist Education: a case report. Journal of Physical Therapy Education. 2019, 33(2):113-125.
- Haines J, Lambaria M. International Service-Learning: Feedback from a Community Served. Journal of Physical Therapy Education, 2018, 32(3): 273-282.
- Haines J, Stiller C, Thompson K, Doherty D. Physical therapist assistant students’ perceptions after a one-month international service learning experience in Kenya. Journal of Physical Therapy Education. 2017; 31(1), 73-79.
- Alsalaheen BA, McClaferty Aa, Haines J, Smith L, Yorke A. Reference values for the balance error scoring system in adolescents. Brain Inj. 2016. 30(7):914-8. PMID: 27057617.
- Yorke A, Haines J. “Students and Patients Partnering to Advance Neurorehabilitation (SP2AN)-Authentic Learning Experiences in DPT Curriculum”, Compendium for Teaching Professional Level Physical Therapy Neurologic Content of The Neurology Section, APTA. Accepted, November 2015.
- Alsalaheen B, Yorke A, Haines J., Diebold J. King-Devick Test Reference Values and Associations with Balance measures in High school American Football Players. 2015. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports. DOI: doi: 10.1111/sms.12628. Accepted Oct 28, 2015.
- Alsalaheen BA, Haines J, Yorke A, Broglio SB: Reliability and construct validity of limits of stability test in adolescents using portable force plate system. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2015.96(12):2194-200. PMID: 26325240.
- Alsalaheen B, Haines J, York A, Stockdale K, Broglio S. Reliability and Concurrent Validity of Instrumented Balance Error Scoring System using a Portable Force Plate System. Physician and Sportsmedicine. 2015. DOI: 10.1080/00913847.2015.1040717.
- Alsalaheen B, Haines J, York A, Broglio S. Reliability and Concurrent Validity of Limits of Stability Test in Adolescents using a Portable Force Plate System. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. doi: 10.1016/j.apmr.2015.08.418.
Credentials, Certifications & Awards
- American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties Neurologic Clinical Specialist-2005, Re-certified in 2015
- Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery Certification-2015, recertified in 2022
- 2021 CMU College of Health Professions Graduate Student Award for Excellence in Community Partnership. Project: MOVE! for Health Exercise class at MPFit Club. Faculty facilitator: Jamie Haines Project submission: Allison Duley, SPT
- Excellence in Teaching Award Winner, Central Michigan University, February 2020.
- 2020 CMU College of Health Professions Community Partnership Development Award. Project: Interprofessional Collaboration with Department of Dance faculty/students and DPT faculty/students to provide in person dance class for senior and people with Parkinson’s Disease at Isabella County Commission on Aging.
- DSc, Physical Therapy, Oakland University, 2014
- MS, Physical Therapy, Grand Valley State University, 1995
- Parkinson's Disease
- Teaching and Learning in DPT Education
- Assistive Technology in Rehabilitation
Membership in Professional Organizations
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Neurology Section of APTA
- Education Section of APTA
- Geriatric Section of APTA
- Acute Care Section of APTA
- APTA Michigan (APTA MI)
- International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society
- Association of Safe Patient Handling Professionals
Current Licenses/Certifications Held
- Michigan Licensed Physical Therapist (#5501007634)
- PTH 745: Therapeutic Interventions II
- PTH 736: Exam and Diagnosis IV
- PTH 672: Clinical Anatomy and Kinesiology of Human Joints
- PTH 655: Teaching and Learning in Physical Therapy
- PTH 665: Physical Therapy Seminar I
- PTH 666: Physical Therapy Seminar II
- Hands for Health Pro Bono Clinic Faculty Supervisor
- MOVE! for Health Exercise Class Faculty Supervisor
- Dance for PD Exercise Class Faculty Supervisor