Publications & Presentations
- Perkins, J. M., Zipple, J. T. (2019). Nonspecific Low Back Pain. In Ehrman, J. K., Gordon, P.M., Visich, P. S., Keteyian, S. J. (Ed.), Clinical Exercise Physiology (ed., pp. 455-477). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
- Perkins, J. M. (Ed.) (2017). Pedometer Step Counts and Metabolic Syndrome Risk Factors in Middle School Students in Rural Michigan. Journal of Physical Activity Research, 2(1), 32-38.
- Ustinova, K. I., Perkins, J. M. (2015). Physical therapy for correcting postural and coordination deficits in patients with mild-to-moderate traumatic brain injury. Physiotherapy Theory & Practice, 31(1), 1-7.
- PhD, Central Michigan University
- MS, Central Michigan University
- MSc, Dalhousie University
- BSc, Dalhousie Univeristy
- Dip Phys., Bradford, UK
- Physical activity measurement in children and young adults.
- Breathing strategies and exercise
- Virtual reality in rehabilitation
Membership in Professional Organizations
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- APTA Michigan (APTA MI)
- American College of Rheumatology (ACR)
- American Association of Retired Persons (AARP)
Current Licenses/Certifications Held
- Michigan Licensed Physical Therapist (#5501009211)
- PTH 623: Clinical Pathophysiology and Pharmacology III
- PTH 624: Clinical Pathophysiology and Pharmacology IV
- PTH 666: Physical Therapy Seminar II
- PTH 732: Clinical Education III
- PTH 746: Therapeutic Interventions III
- PTH 765: Physical Therapy Seminar III