Dr. Lana V. Ivanitskaya is an Industrial and Organizational Psychologist who applies rigor and methods of psychology to the scientific study of the workplace, specializing in healthcare organizations. She joined the Central Michigan University faculty in 2002 as an Associate Professor in CMU’s Doctor of Health Administration Program. She was awarded early tenure (5th year, 2007) and The Excellence in Teaching Award (2012), and CMU’s College of Health Professions Faculty Award for Excellence in Community Partnership (January 2020) and CMU President’s Award for Faculty Excellence in Community Engagement (April, 2020). Lana enjoys university teaching at all three levels, from undergraduate to Doctoral. In addition to study trips about international health systems, Lana teaches research methods, quantitative decision-making, grant writing, and appreciation of scientific evidence.
More About LANA IVANITSKAYA
Publications & Presentations
- Eappen, P., Ivanitskaya L., Jeong Y., Cruz, M. (2022, in print). Health Services to Meet Physical, Mental, and Social Needs of 126 Females Who Survived Boko-Haram Abduction and Captivity: Providers’ Perspective. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 31(1), 492-498. DOI: 10.1353/hpu.2022.0037.
- Harbridge R., Ivanitskaya L., Spreitzer G., Boscart, V. (2022). Job crafting in registered nurses working in public health: A qualitative study. Applied Nursing Research, 151556. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apnr.2021.151556.
- Ivanitskaya, L. V., Bjork, A. E., & Taylor, M. R. (2021). Bibliometric Analysis and Visualization of Catholic Health Care Research: 1973-2019. Journal of Religion and Health, 60, 3759-3774. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10943-021-01255-0.
- Bogner, M., Ivanitskaya, L. V., Jeong Y., & DeLellis, N. (2021). Nursing Staff Member Experiences with Household Model Implementation in a Nursing Home Setting. Geriatric Nursing, 42(3), 748-755. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gerinurse.2021.03.018.
- Bacon, L., Ivanitskaya, L. V., & Erzikova, E. (2020). YouTube Viewer's Comments on the Opioid Epidemic by CNN and Fox News. Proceedings of the 7th European Conference on Social Media UCLan Cyprus, pp. 361-369. ISBN: 978-1-912764-63-1.
- Ranke L. P., Ivanitskaya, L. V., Stewart, M. (March 10, 2020). Recruitment Best Practice for Organizations: Realistic Job Preview vs. Best Foot Forward. Spotlight on Research, DOI: 10.35831/sph/pr.3-9-20.
- McVicar, K., Ivanitskaya, L. V., Bradley, D.W., & Montero, J.T. (2018). Primary care and public health collaboration reports: A qualitative review of integration aims, participants, and success determinants. Population Health Management, 22(5). DOI: https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/pop.2018.0160.
- Zikos, D., Ogunneye, Y., Delellis, N., & Ivanitskaya, L. (2019). Association Between the Rate of Diabetes and Quality of Patient Care in Home Health Agencies. Home Health Care Management & Practice, 31(2), 113–119. https://doi.org/10.1177/1084822318813100.
- Resslar, M. A., Ivanitskaya, L. V., Perez, III, M. A., Zikos, D. (2018). Sources of variability in hospital administrative data: Clinical coding of postoperative ileus. Health Information Management Journal, 47(3). https://doi.org/10.1177/1833358318781106.
- Bennett, M. M., Beehr, T. A., & Ivanitskaya, L. V. (2017). Work-Family conflict: Differences across generations and life cycles. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 32(4), 314-332. https://doi.org/10.1108/JMP-06-2016-0192.
- Swartz, B., Ratcliff, A., & Ivanitskaya, L. (2015). Correlation of attitudes and beliefs with actual abilities of speech language pathology students regarding aspects of information literacy. Contemporary Issues in Communication Science and Disorders, 42, 215-225.
- Rossow, C., Ivanitskaya, L. V., Fulton, L. V., & Fales. W. D. (June, 2015). Healthcare workers’ willingness to report to work during influenza pandemic: A systematic literature review. Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management. 12(2), ISSN (Online) 1547-7355, ISSN (Print) 2194-6361, DOI: 10.1515/jhsem-2014-0115.
- Schneider, B. C., Harzke, A. J., Ivanitskaya L., Murray, O. J. (2014). Prioritization of inpatient hospital services to prisoners: A method for justifying care and costs. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 25(2), 863-876. (Five-year impact factor = 1.5). DOI: 10.1353/hpu.2014.0077.
- Rossow, C., Ivanitskaya, L. V., Fulton, L. V., & Fales, W. D. (2013). Healthcare providers: Will they come to work during an influenza pandemic? Disaster Management and Human Health Risk III, WIT Transactions on the Built Environment, v. 133, WIT Press. ISSN: 1743-3509, ISBN: 978-1-84564-738-4.
- Ratcliff, A., Swartz, B., & Ivanitskaya, L. (2013). Information literacy skills in speech language pathology students: Skill differences across academic levels. Contemporary Issues in Communication Sciences and Disorders, 40, 31-39.
- Fulton, L., Ivanitskaya, L. V., Bastian, N., Erofeev, D. A., & Mendez, F. (2012). Frequent deadlines: Evaluating the effect of learner control on healthcare executives’ performance in online learning. Learning and Instruction, 23, 24-32 (5-yr Impact Factor = 3.7, acceptance rate = 16%, #2 out of 203 Educational Research journals, #2 out of 51 Educational Psychology journals). DOI: 10.1016/j.learninstruc.2012.09.001.
- Ivanitskaya, L. V., Hanisko, K. A., Janson, S. J., Garrison, J. A., & Vibbert, D. (2012). Developing health information literacy: A needs analysis from the perspective of pre-professional health students. Journal of Medical Library Association, 100(4), 277-283. DOI: 10.3163/1536-5050.100.4.009.
- Heuberger, R., & Ivanitskaya, L. (2011). Preferred sources of nutrition information: Contrasts between younger and older adults. Journal of Intergenerational Relationships, 9(2), 176-190. DOI:10.1080/15350770.2011.567919.
- Coates, H. R., Silvernail, T. S., Fulton, L. V., & Ivanitskaya, L. (2010). The effectiveness of the recent army captain retention program. Armed Forces & Society, 37, 5-18. DOI: 10.1177/0095327X10372599.
- Fisher, J. B., O’Boyle, I., & Ivanitskaya, L. (2010). Institutionalization of a Multidisciplinary Healthy Lifestyles Course. Journal of General Education, 59(1), 63-81. DOI:10.1353/jge.2010.0002.
- Ivanitskaya, L., Brookins-Fisher, J., O’Boyle, I., Vibbert, D., Erofeev, D., & Fulton, L. (2010). Dirt cheap and without prescription: How susceptible are young U.S. consumers to purchasing drugs from rogue internet pharmacies? Journal of Medical Internet Research, 12(2), e11. DOI: 10.2196/jmir.1520.
- Fulton, L. Starnes, W., Caouette, M., Whittaker, D., & Ivanitskaya, L. (2008). Explaining and Forecasting Attrition in the Army Pharmacy Technician Course. Military Medicine, 173, 1219-1224. DOI:10.7205/MILMED.173.12.1219.
- Ivanitskaya, L., DuFord, S., Craig M., & Casey, A. M. (2008). How Does a Pre-Assessment of Off-Campus Students’ Information Literacy Affect the Effectiveness of Library Instruction? Journal of Library Administration, 48(3/4), 509-525. DOI:10.1080/01930820802289649.
- Ivanitskaya, L, Glazer, S., & Erofeev, D. (2007). Group Dynamics. In Johnson, J. A. (Ed.) Health Organizations: Theory, Behavior, and Development. Boston, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
- Finley, F. R., Ivanitskaya, L., & Kennedy, M. H. (2007). Mentoring of Junior Healthcare Administrators by Senior Executives: A Description of Mentoring Practices in 127 U.S. Hospitals. The Journal of Healthcare Management, 52(4), 260-270.
- Burich, N. J., Casey, A. M., Devlin, F. A., & Ivanitskaya, L. (2006). Project Management and Institutional Collaboration in Libraries. Technical Services Quarterly, 24(1), 17-36. DOI: 10.1300/J124v24n01_02.
- Ivanitskaya, L., O’Boyle, I., & Casey, A. M. (2006). Health Information Literacy and Competencies of Information Age Students: Results from the Interactive Online Research Readiness Self-Assessment (RRSA). Journal of Medical Internet Research, 8(2):e6. DOI: 10.2196/jmir.8.2.e6.
- Love, K., & Ivanitskaya, L. (2005). Selecting an Effective Emergency Manager: A Key Player in the War on Terror. In J. J. Johnson, M. H. Kennedy, & N. Delener (Eds.), Community Preparedness and Response to Terrorism, v. 2 (pp. 213-248). Westport, CT: Praeger.
- Ivanitskaya, L., Laus, R., & Casey, A. M. (2004). Research Readiness Self-Assessment: Assessing Students' Research Skills and Attitudes. Journal of Library Administration, 41(1/2), 167-183. DOI: 10.1300/J111v41n01_13.
- Beehr, T. A., Ivanitskaya, L., Glaser, K., Erofeev, D., & Canali, K. (2004). Working in a violent environment: The accuracy of police officers’ reports about shooting incidents. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 77, 217-235. DOI: 10.1348/096317904774202153.
- Ivanitskaya, L., & Ledlow, G. (2003). Mapping conceptual knowledge: A methodology for assessing expertise in quantitative, management, and other conceptually-rich knowledge domains. In N. Delener & C. Chao (Eds.), Challenging the Frontiers in Global Business and Technology: Implementation of Changes in Values, Strategy and Policy (pp. 625-632), Budapest, Hungary: Global Business and Technology Association.
- Ivanitskaya, L., Clark, D., Montgomery, G., & Primeau, R. (2002). Interdisciplinary Learning: Process and Outcomes. Innovative Higher Education, 27(2), 95-112. DOI:10.1023/A:1021105309984. Re-printed in SAGE Library in Business & Management anthology: Ivanitskaya, L., Clark, D., Montgomery, G., & Primeau, R. (October, 2015). Interdisciplinary learning: Process and outcomes. In Kaplan, A. (Ed.), SAGE Library in Business & Management, Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications. ISBN: 978-1-4739-2514-4.
- Beehr, T. A., Ivanitskaya, L., Hansen, C. P., Erofeev, D., & Gudanowski, D. M. (2001). Evaluation of 360 degree feedback ratings: Relationships with each other and with performance and selection predictors. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 22(7), 775-788. DOI: 10.1002/job.113.
- Ivanitskaya, L., & Goodwin, M. (2001). Articulating the roles of off-campus faculty to promote best practices in adult higher education. In Van Kollenburg, S. E. (Ed.), A Collection of Papers on Self-Study and Institutional Improvement (pp. 124-127), Chicago, IL: The Higher Learning Commission.
- Clark, D., Jelnicki, J., Sprague, D., & Ivanitskaya, L. (Spring, 2001). When academics and executives collide: How CMU teamed with auto industry experts to create an award-winning degree in Vehicle Design. The Council for Adult and Experiential Learning Forum and News, 24(3), 16-18.
Credentials, Certifications & Awards
- Loren B. Bensley, Jr. Honor Award
- Central Michigan University President’s Award for Faculty Excellence in Community Engagement
- College of Health Professions Faculty Award for Excellence in Community Partnership
- 2011-2012 Excellence in Teaching Award
- International Research and Exchanges Board (IREX) Advanced Individual Research Opportunities (AIRO) Award
- PhD, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Central Michigan University, 1999
- MA, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Central Michigan University, 1997
- MA, Education, Moscow State Pedagogical University, 1994
- BA, Education, Moscow State Pedagogical University, 1992
- Visualization of science, bibliometric analysis
- DHA 702: Probability and Statistics for the Health Professionals
- DHA 705: Seminar in Public Health
- DHA 709: Seminar in Health Dynamics: Current Issues, Trends and Change
- DHA 710: Qualitative Analysis in Health Care
- DHA 712: Research Methods and Practice for the Health Professional
- DHA 713: Seminar in Health Services Research
- MHA 601: Statistics for Health Professionals
- MHA 604: Quantitative Decision-Making for Health Administration
- HSC 512: Special Topics in Health Education, At War with the Virus: Coping with COVID-19
- HSC 516: Travel Course in Health Education
- HSC 538: Development of Proposals and Reports in Health Administration