In the administration: personnel administration major you will build well-rounded skills and business knowledge in communication, the legal environment of business, public relations, human resource management, digital literacy, and more to thrive in an administrative capacity in a number of organizational settings.
Why This Program & What You'll Learn
To be a successful administrative professional, you'll be a Jack-of-all-trades. That's because one day you might be collaborating with coworkers to ensure a project is finished by an approaching deadline. Another day you might be crafting a company-wide memo on behalf of leadership. And on another day you might be resolving an interpersonal conflict between officemates using your emotional intelligence.
At CMU you'll acquire the diverse and flexible skills needed to be successful in a number of business-related industries through coursework taught by experienced faculty. Familiarize yourself with organizational psychology to understand relational office dynamics. Gain knowledge of the legal environment in business to ensure proper compliance. And learn to communicate effectively to external and internal audiences on behalf of an organization. You can prepare for the fast-paced, ever-adapting, digital environment in human resources.
You can also earn your degree in an online or face-to-face format depending on your needs. Our flexible and regionally accredited program allows you to earn your degree while working and/or taking care of a family. And if you meet the requirements, you can have 12 credits applied to our Master of Science in Administration program. That's one-third of the credits needed to complete a master's program. In other words, you'll have a head start on earning a graduate degree should you pursue it.
- Develop a wide set of administrative-related skills in communication, legal processes, operations management, public relations, human resource management, digital leadership, managing techniques to develop your leadership portfolio, and more.
- Be prepared for several career opportunities as an administrative professional–a critical role necessary to organizations and businesses in many diverse industries.
- Prepare for industry-recognized certifications.
- Have the chance to apply credit earned toward a related master's program at CMU.
- Earn a bachelor's degree from a program regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Careers & Outcomes
With a degree in organization administration, you'll be prepared to elevate your career in a variety of business and organizational settings.
|Human Resources Director||$95,021|
|Global Communications Director||$87,071|