Cybersecurity experts are in demand around the world. The certificate includes five courses where you'll study risk, compliance, privacy in the cloud and network certification. Once finished, you'll be prepared to sit for CASP, Network+ and Security+ certification exams.
Why This Program & What You'll Learn
Online security threats are everywhere. A graduate certificate in cybersecurity from CMU puts you in a position to do something about them.
There are hundreds of thousands of cybersecurity jobs and not enough people to fill them. By taking just five courses (each eight-weeks long), you'll gain skills that are in heavy demand.
In CMU's cybersecurity program, you'll cover topics including:
- How to gauge risks and implement security plans.
- Cloud computing and online privacy.
- And other critical aspects of online security.
In this fast-moving field, the nature of the challenges you'll face changes daily. You'll learn from faculty who work at organizations including the U.S. Army, General Motors and Accenture. So as they learn about new threats, they share their hard-won knowledge with you.
Once you earn your certificate, you'll be ready to sit for CASP, Network+ and Security+ certification exams. And if you have previous IT experience, you’ll be eligible to take certification exams in CCSK and CISSP.
When you work toward your graduate certificate in cybersecurity at CMU, you will:
- Access cyberdefense tools at CMU's Cyber Center, a hub for both students and faculty.
- Get hands-on experience in virtual labs. Configure security, work in cloud environments and use computer forensic tools.
- Meet leading cybersecurity experts from business and government at workshops and discussion panels.
- Thwart hackers in capture-the-flag competitions, simulated events that happen several times a year.
Careers & Outcomes
There are hundreds of thousands of cybersecurity jobs available worldwide and not enough people to fill them. A cybersecurity certificate from CMU puts you in demand.
|Cyber Crime Analyst/Investigator
|Cyber Security Engineer
|Vulnerability Analyst/Penetration Tester