You've already proven your commitment to students with disabilities. Our master's degree in special education will prepare you as a Master Teacher with the knowledge, expertise, and leadership skills to effectively champion the rights of students with disabilities in all aspects of life.
Why This Program & What You'll Learn
Our program will expand your skills and knowledge to new areas of special education.
We offer courses toward an initial or additional endorsement in the areas of autism spectrum disorder, cognitive impairment, or specific learning disability.
We also offer several pathways for obtaining special education certification and endorsements in the State of Michigan.
- If you are a certified teacher and are interested in an initial or additional special education endorsement, we offer pathways for earning endorsements in autism spectrum disorder, cognitive impairment, and specific learning disability.
- If you are seeking initial certification, we offer an expedited pathway for those with bachelor’s degrees to earn a standard teaching certificate with a cognitive impairment endorsement. This pathway will prepare to you to teach students with disabilities K-12 in the State of Michigan.
- If you are seeking to earn your bachelor’s degree, we also offer an accelerated pathway for degree completion and the ability to earn a standard teaching certificate with an autism spectrum disorder, cognitive impairment, or specific learning disability endorsement. This pathway will prepare to you to teach students with disabilities K-12 in the State of Michigan
Contact CMU Online for information on these pathways to special education certification and endorsement at email@example.com or 989-774-4371 and 800-950-1144.
As a student in this program, you'll join the ranks of thousands of CMU-educated teachers.
- Synthesize your experience with a clinical experience in the field prior to graduation.
- CMU's Educator Preparation Programs are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- This program is available to individuals who hold PreK-12 general or special education certification. Pathways toward initial special education certification are available for those without certification.
Careers & Outcomes
CMU-trained educators teach in schools across Michigan. We've been a leader in teacher education since 1892.
|Special Education Teacher||$61,820|
|Elementary School Teacher||$61,350|
|Middle/High School Teacher||$61,570|