Intramural and Club Sports
Get in the game!
CMU Chippewas go head-to-head on campus in our intramural program. Whether it’s soccer, golf, tennis or pickleball, there’s something for every skill and interest.
Club sports have nearly 800 students across 43 teams who compete against other colleges and universities throughout Michigan and the country. Club sports include hockey, rugby, soccer, ski and snowboard, dance, martial arts, and quidditch.
Student Activity Center (SAC)
Open year-round, membership to the SAC (as you’ll hear it called) is a benefit of tuition for CMU students and offers cardio, strength and conditioning classes, personal trainers, wellness programs, aquatics, and intramural and club sports.
- MPFit is a multipurpose 1,900-square-foot fitness center for personal and small group training and group fitness classes.
- The Center Court Indoor Cycling Center hosts small group cycling classes.
- The Weight Training Center is a 2,900-square-foot facility located on the lower level of the Student Activity Center.
- The Fitness Center is a 12,500-square-foot space located on the main level of the Student Activity Center and is equipped with various types of cardio equipment, weight lifting equipment, free weights and a stretching area.
- The SAC Aquatic Center offers a 25-yard, six-lane, 4-foot-deep pool with an adjustable floor, two saunas and a 15-person spa.
Outdoor Sports Complex
The Outdoor Sports Complex is a lighted facility that includes 6 multi-purpose fields, a rugby/lacrosse field and 4 softball diamonds. There is also a disc golf course on campus.