- Use your voice to enter text on your Mac.
- Converts spoken words into typed text.
System: Mac and iOS
Setup Information: Apple Dictation
Windows Speech Recognition
- Converts speech to text.
- Allows you to control your device with your voice.
- Works within Microsoft Word.
Setup Information: Windows Speech Recognition
Microsoft 365 Dictation
- Lets you use speech-to-text to author content in Office with a microphone and reliable internet connection.
- Use your voice to quickly create documents, emails, notes, presentations, and slide notes.
System: Available in Microsoft Word, OneNote, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Setup Information: Microsoft 365 Dictation
Google Voice Typing
- Allows the ability to write and edit papers using your voice.
- Users can also select, format, and move text around a document with a few phrases and voice commands.
System: Available in Google Docs when using Chrome as your web browser
Setup Information: Google Voice Typing
Speechy - Voice Dictation & Speechy Lite
- Will transcribe your words into text.
- Will also record your voice so you can refer to the original recording.
- Has the ability to easily share your text and audio files with Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, WhatsApp, and other iOS supported sharing apps.
System: App available for Mac and iOS