Parking Citation Appeal
After reviewing the CMU Parking Ordinances, you may appeal a citation if a valid explanation is provided. The appeals process is designed to provide a format in which the citation can be reviewed. Parking citations can be appealed within 14 days from the issue date of the citation.
The following are not valid reasons for an appeal and may be denied:
- Lack of knowledge of the University Parking Codes and Regulations.
- Inability to find a permitted parking space.
- Operation of the vehicle by another person.
- Failure of enforcement officers to ticket for similar offenses.
- Inability to pay ticket fines or permit costs.
- Tardiness to class, meetings, work or other appointments.
- Inclement weather.
- Someone other than a Parking Services employee providing instruction to park.
- Lacking a valid parking permit by a student or employee.
- Unauthorized parking in accessibility spaces/hatches, grass/landscape, sidewalk or any other unmarked area.
- Only parked in an unauthorized area for a short amount of time.
- Failure to observe posted signage.
- Using a fraudulent permit or other fraud-related activities.
- Fire lane and fire hydrant citations.
All decisions of the appeal officer are final.