RAVE Guardian Smartphone App
The Rave Guardian app is a public safety smartphone app that works alongside the Central Alert system to connect students, faculty and staff with campus safety resources.
Rave Guardian is available through the App Store for Apple devices and through Google Play for Android devices. Use your CMU global ID to download a version customized for CMU.
With the Rave Guardian app, you can:
- Initiate text chats with CMU Police or the Office of Civil Rights and Institutional Equity, including sharing a photo or location as needed.
- Never travel alone: Using a virtual safety timer, your selected friends and family can monitor your location as you walk from one location to another.
- Dial 911 or the CMU Police nonemergency number with the touch of a button, including the ability to share information to assist first responders.
- Receive Central Alerts based on location, even when you don’t have a cell signal.
- Access maps, CMU social media accounts and more through a content portal.
- Find assistance and resources with a directory of important CMU contacts.
Students, faculty and staff will still receive Central Alert notifications via text, email and phone calls. All CMU’s students, faculty, and staff are automatically enrolled into the Central Alert system. Campus users can visit the Central Alert self-service portal to add, edit, and verify their account information by visiting the Central Alert webpage.