Skip to main content

Workers' Compensation

How to report a work-related illness or injury:

  1. Employees who suffer a work-related illness or injury should immediately report the incident to their supervisor, if able.

  2. The injured employee or their supervisor must call CMU Workers’ Compensation at (989) 774-7177 as soon as possible (within 24 hours) to report the incident.  A 24-hour voicemail system is available to leave a message if no one is available to take a call.

  3. CMU’s Worker’s Compensation representative will complete an Incident Report form and send a copy of the incident report to the supervisor and employee for review and signature. If there were any witnesses to the incident, they must also sign the form. Signed forms must be returned to CMU’s Worker’s Compensation representative immediately upon form completion.

Seeking treatment:

Employees requiring medical treatment for a work-related illness or injury should seek treatment at one of the following CMU-designated medical providers. 

NOTE: If an injured employee chooses to see their own medical provider or seek treatment at facilities other than those listed below, the employee may be responsible for any incurred expenses.

  • For non-emergency care, seek treatment at:

           McLaren Central Michigan ReadyCare/COMP
           1523 S. Mission (next to Rally's) 
           Mount Pleasant, MI 48858
           (989) 773-1166

  • For Emergency care, call 911 immediately and seek treatment at:

          McLaren Central Michigan Emergency Department (ER)
          1221 South Drive
          Mount Pleasant, MI 48858
          (989) 772-6777

If an illness or injury is not critical, but the employee cannot drive themselves, please contact CMU Police at (989) 774-3081. 

Follow-up treatment:

IMPORTANT: A follow-up appointment must be scheduled at McLaren ReadyCare/COMP as soon as possible after visiting McLaren Central Michigan ER for a work-related injury.

It is the employee's responsibility to communicate any ongoing treatment or work restrictions to CMU Worker's Compensation for proper reporting and case management.

CMU Workers' Compensation Contact Information:

109 Rowe Hall
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859
(989) 774-7177

Procedures for reporting Accidental Personal Injuries on campus (non-work-related) can be found on Risk Management's Injuries Web Page (coming soon).